Saturday, April 2, 2011

Knitting: Dishcloth, Tawashi and Scarfs

For the last couple of weeks I've been knitting a little,
specially at night time while watching TV.
At first it was all about dish cloths...
My sister-in-law kinda put me on the mood for it
(you might not believe it, but I had never made any dish cloth before!).
Anyway...
this was my first one, out of cotton.
It seems like it's the most common pattern around,
and I got mine here.
After knitting the first one
I've decided to used 2 strands of yarn knitted together
to make it sturdier
(tough afterwards I learned that only cotton is acceptable for a dish cloth).
By the time I finished the second one
I was done with this knitting pattern and searched the web for other ideas.
That's when I came upon the "tawashi",
the Japanese term for "dishcloth".
 I found it very interesting so I crocheted my first tawashi
out of cotton leftovers.

 The color composition is not great,
but with vibrant coordinating colors should look real good.
This is where I found the the pattern for the tawashi.
And those were my adventures on dishcloth land...

Still with the first pattern in mind
(that's right, the idiot's dishcloth pattern)
I decided to try a triangular scarf
with some of the cream cotton I had left.
And here it is,
  with a very Ali Baba, or middle eastern, look
(at least that's what it made me think of)
after applying the fringe.

Since I still had a lot of the same cream cotton yarn left,
I made this one,
and this is what mine looks like.

The next two scarves
are variations of the same kind of the drop stitch,
and are made with different textures and different types of yarn.
 They're different I think, and I like the way they look.

I'll see you all later!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the scarfs! They look like they would be great during the spring or fall, when it's not yet too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They're really easy to make too! ;0)

    ReplyDelete