Monday, January 31, 2011

... a cup of tea...??...

Already the last of the month...
This means... today's my sister's birthday!
 
And because it is her birthday
I decided to dedicate this post to her
and to our shared memories of growing up together as sisters.
The first thing I always think of when going down that particular memory lane, are our tea parties.
We used to celebrate doll's birthdays almost every day of the week just so we could have a tea party.
Some times, if we had behaved real good,
our mom would even participate
by supplying cookies or a cake
(that she would always bake from scratch).
Some other times we would send written invitations to the kids of the neighborhood and they would came and bring birthdays gifts for our dolls as well.
Then we all would have a birthday/tea party, with lots of singing and fun!
Maybe these childhood memories can explain the thing I have for tea
cups and tea sets.
Though in a very modest scale I do love to collect them and have a few, from miniatures and play toys to real ones.
At the left, just a few samples of my collection.
This knitted/felted coffee with cream cup
was made by me
after a Martha Stewart's tutorial.


The cup bellow is the only survivor  from my mom's real Chinese tea set (at the left),
with a woman's face at the bottom of the cup...
When you're drinking your tea and almost finishing it...
... this Chinese lady's face will show up at the bottom.
It's really neat and really precious to me.

And for last but not least,
a BD gift for my sister...
 ... this precious pic from our travel from Portugal to Mozambique,
on board of cruiser ship "Principe Perfeito",
around January/February 1964.
Because my mom was travelling alone with us kids
(to join my father in Africa),
we all would eat at the children's dining room.

In the picture:
my very pregnant mom
(Rui is the brother she was pregnant with),
my older brother, my sister (the baby) and me,
all very well behaved 
because there never was horsing around with my mom!


Happy Birthday to you
Isabel!


No comments:

Post a Comment